Photo & Film Competition
The 2013 photo and film competition will once again have a rich prize pool including some of the best dive liveaboards and resort experiences in the world and underwater camera equipment. The short film category will be returning – after its successful inaugral year in 2012 – giving filmmakers a chance to win one of the major prizes.
Entries open 24th April 2013 and close Photo Competition on 24th July 2013 and Film Competition 10 July 2013. Winners will be announced at the 2013 Cairns Underwater Film Festival on the 24th August 2013.
Photo competition categories include:
- Wide Angle Nature – Celebrating the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea
- Young Photographer – An opportunity for the under 16′s to show off their best underwater photos
- Macro – Celebrating the little guys.
- Diver(s) – Divers in harmony with the reef
- Compact Macro – Close up using compact camera system
- Compact Wide – Wide Angle using a compact camera system
- Creative - An open category to let your imagination go wild (photoshop manipulation allowed).
- International – Best of the World - Your best shots from around the world.
Film competition categories include:
- Short Film – Non-professional
- Short Film – Professional
Finalists will be notified before the festival to allow them time to travel to the event.